Archive for 'Superstar Mamas'
We’ve decided that since we get to meet so many super fabulous, amazing, and wonderful moms through shooting babies and families, we should feature them here on our blog!
We’re kicking off this new feature with our very first Superstar Mama, Stacey!
Stacey and I met a lifetime ago in Birmingham when we both worked for the talented Prentiss Douthit. At the time, she and I shared an office, so needless to say we became really close friends fast. Since then, she has moved around the country several times, married a ‘nerdologist’ (her word, not mine) and had two beautiful boys, Max and Jake.
She is an extremely talented writer, painter and designer, and has done all three professionally. She’s going to be famous one day soon. I can only hope that when that day comes, she’ll reference this blog post and take us with her.
Stacey, thanks for giving us an inside scoop of being YOU!
Get to know Stacey in her own words in our Superstar Mama Questionnaire, and watch for our August Superstar Mama next month!
1. What are you children’s names and ages?Max – 3; Jake 7 mos
2. What is your favorite thing about being a mom?
Having magic kisses that can heal any bumps or bruises. And experiencing a love for two lil ones that I never could have imagined.
3. What is the most annoying thing about motherhood (sometimes!)?Not having a moment to myself. Just to have a complete thought. Or to paint my toenails without being critiqued.
4. What is one of your best childhood memories?
The climbing tree at my grandmother’s house. Actually, everything at my grandmother’s house.
5. What is something people don’t expect about you?I love fishing, fast rollercoasters, and the smell of dirt. I can throw a spiral, hit a wiffleball, and skip a rock across the creek. I have at times been thought of as a bit of a tomb boy. Yet, I cannot tell you the Interstate Exit number of anywhere I have ever lived – but I have my credit card number memorized. Deep down, I think I am way more girly than anyone knows!
6. In high school, what was your favorite song, your JAM?
Fool in the Rain. Led Zeppelin.
7. If you could have any job, for one day, what would it be?A nurse or doctor on the front lines in Afghanistan. I have such gratitude for those who are fighting for our country as we speak, I wish I could do more to help. That, or maybe be a radio disc jockey.
8. What is your biggest vice?
Coke – the soft drink, not the drug
9. What would the title of your autobiography be?
The Day After Yesterday
10. What are each of your children’s true talents?Max is a teacher. His inquisitive mind gathers knowledge that he readily and enthusiastically imparts to anyone who will listen. He is famous for his “well, actually” as he gently offers a more accurate answer. But he also knows how to play a joke like nobody’s business.Jake, admittedly only 8 months, seems to find humor in just about everything. It amazes me what is utterly hilarious to him.
11. What do you hope your children know, when they grow up?
Jesus. And what it is like to be loved unconditionally. And to love unconditionally.
12. If you could give them anything, what would you give your children?A limitless plane ticket. Seeing the world, experiencing other cultures, learning about the past. It is a small world after all.