If you have a nice, fancy camera that you have no idea how to use, or you’re stuck in automatic mode and not happy with your results, you’ve come to the right place. Our photography class is designed primarily for mom’s who what to take their photography up a notch or two. We’ll teach you (in layman’s terms!) how to use the bells and whistles on your camera, as well as share with you tips and tricks for taking better pictures of your own children.
We focus first on getting you to start seeing creatively, which is the foundation for capturing beautiful images. Then we cover the main settings on your DSLR (a camera that can change lenses) and how to use them altogether to get the results you want. By learning these basic principles, you’ll be taking better pictures in no time!
Upcoming 2012 Dates
Light refreshments are included, along with take home materials to keep as reference. Come on your own or bring a friend and be prepared to learn, have fun and meet some great people! We cover a lot of information, so each 3-hour class is limited to only 8 people. Spaces fill up fast!
Cost: $125 per person (full payment is required to reserve your spot)
Location: 2900 Vanderbilt Place (near the Vandy football stadium)
Topics We’ll Cover:
- Finding the right light: An intro to exposure
- ISO, Shutter Speed & Aperture
- Tips for taking better photos of your kids
- Camera buying tips
- An overview of Lenses
- Ideas for sharing and printing
- QA period
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to have a DLSR camera?
Any camera will do, although most technical info we cover will be geared towards the DLSR. We will also be discussing a lot of basic principles of photography that will be useful no matter what kind of camera you use.
What should I bring to class?
Your DLSR camera, if you have one, as well as something to write on and write with.
What if I can’t make one of the dates you have listed above?
Upcoming dates are announced first through my e-newsletter and Facebook page. Any remaining dates are then posted on my blog. To stay informed, send me an email me requesting to be added to the e-newsletter mailing list. You can also ‘Like’ my Facebook page.
So who is this workshop for?
Because photographing children is what I know best, this class is designed for moms who love taking pictures of their kids and want to take it up a notch. You certainly don’t have to be a Mom but please take note the class is tailored towards taking photos of children. Moms, Aunts, Grandmas, Sisters and Girlfriends are all welcome! (Yes, the theme here is all women. I want to have a fun girl’s class where you feel comfortable asking any questions you may have.)
Who this workshop is NOT for:
1. If you already know all the bells & whistles of your camera and can consistently take properly exposed and creative photos you are probably too advanced for this class.
2. If you are thinking about starting your own photography business this class is not for you (sorry, that would take more than 3 hours). I will not be discussing any facet of my business whatsoever. This workshop is for Mom’s who want to take better photos, not for budding photographers. I do offer mentoring for photographers, please email email@example.com for more info.